Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Monday delivered a speech at a ceremony held in Tehran to mark the National Day of Industry and Mine.
What follows are excerpts of his remarks at the ceremony:
* We will not give in to international pressures and will force them to speak to the Iranian nation with the language of respect and to never threaten an Iranian. The pressures imposed on Iran by the US today are not a result of the US" power and Iran"s weakness; they are rather results of Washington"s back-to-back defeats against Iran at the regional and international arenas.
* Americans have reached the conclusion that the JCPOA set Iran free from the chains on its hands, and caused its presence to grow. The US resorts to any means in order to attract support for its anti-Iran campaign. Americans have been forced to use the last resort left for them, which is the economic weapon.
* Today Iran is not a weak side when it comes to field developments, as Americans have been defeated in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen.
* In the economic field, the Americans tried to use the medium-term opportunity of the its dollar"s domination over the world"s financial sector in order to impose pressures on us, but in fact they created problems for themselves in the long-term. Recently China and Russia decided to stop using the US dollar in their transactions. Iran has indicated in recent years that it shows respect when it is respected and shows resistance when faced with pressure.
* People are our patrons, and officials are heavily indebted to them. This is why we must do our best to improve their livelihood and boost production for these people.